With massive changes in the global economy in the past few years, nearly every sector found itself compelled to embrace the adage, "Out with the old, in with the new."
When the global health crisis exposed vulnerabilities in older systems and processes, businesses realized they needed to adapt fast or die. Industries historically slow to embrace new technology or resistant to change found themselves scrambling to integrate new tools and software into their clunky, outdated tech stacks.
Companies with limited resources couldn’t use traditional development to create customized solutions because of high costs, difficulty finding specialized talent, and lengthy development cycles. So what could they turn to? Enter: No-code technology.
No-code tech and software allow businesses to experience growth and innovation without sacrificing the time, money, and resources traditional development demands. No-code programming is a universal language that bridges the gap between business professionals and tech experts. It empowers individuals who may not have a coding background to become creators and innovators.
Today, we're peeling back the curtain to reveal the incredible capabilities that no-code application builders like Blaze can offer businesses in traditional industries like healthcare, manufacturing, logistics, and construction.
We'll cover all your questions, like, the technical problems traditional industries are struggling to overcome, how no-code platforms like Blaze can revolutionize your business from top to bottom, and real-life apps Blaze users have cooked up to help their businesses succeed.
Let’s dive in, starting with a quick crash course on no-code and why it’s such a game-changer.
How Does No-Code Work and Why Is It So Powerful?
Traditional software development takes a lot of time to plan, code, and deploy – requiring more resources and money that most small to mid-sized organizations don’t have for technical solutions needed yesterday.
No-code software and tools make it easy for people to develop software and customized solutions from the ground up without coding knowledge through drag-and-drop interfaces, pre-built templates, and ready-to-use components in a matter of days – even minutes – instead of months.
This accelerated development process allows industries to pivot and respond to market changes, maintain a competitive edge, and explore new opportunities without being held back by limited resources.
With the right no-code tool, anyone in your organization can create powerful applications faster and with fewer resources than traditional development methods.
The no-code revolution is in full swing. Gartner predicts by 2024, low/no-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity. Get the lowdown on no-code development’s current and future impact on business here.
Blaze is a no-code application builder that puts your business at the helm of the development process – all you need is an idea and a few minutes. With Blaze’s no-code builder, you can create powerful tools to supercharge your business processes like CRMs, workflows, client portals, collaboration tools, inventory management systems, and much more – all without writing a single line of code.
Now that you know how no-code works, let's explore how it can benefit your business. In the following sections, we'll explore how no-code technology can disrupt traditional industries like healthcare, construction, manufacturing, and logistics, along with real-life examples of Blaze applications built by our customers.
No-Code Applications for the Healthcare Industry
The healthcare sector has struggled to keep pace with technological advances transforming other industries. A large number of healthcare organizations lack the financial and technical resources to modernize dated processes, upgrade IT systems, and create a better healthcare experience for patients. The healthcare industry faces several technological obstacles, including:
- Strict data privacy laws: The healthcare industry has rigorous requirements regarding how and when data should be encrypted, transmitted, and decrypted. But these regulatory measures can limit data flow and make it difficult to adopt new technologies involving safe patient data transfer.
- Outdated health IT infrastructure: Old health IT infrastructure often involves clunky legacy systems, inadequate networking capabilities, and limited scalability that can hinder the adoption of new technologies and impede system performance.
- Poor patient experience: Healthcare applications with poor user experience, confusing interfaces, and disruptive workflows can lead to patient frustration and decreased productivity for healthcare workers.
From modernizing the patient experience to scrapping outdated legacy systems, the healthcare sector hasn't fully tapped the potential of its tech stack. No-code platforms have the potential to revolutionize the healthcare sector and offer many advantages, including:
- Fortify data security: Healthcare organizations handle sensitive patient data and must comply with various regulations, such as HIPAA. No-code platforms like Blaze offer integrated security features for healthcare organizations to remain HIPPA-compliant, like encryption in transit and at rest, SSO, user permissions, audit trails, and other security measures to safeguard patient information.
- Create transparent systems and processes: No-code workflows and systems can offer a window into every step of the patient journey – from admission to discharge. Automated workflows for patient management also ease the burden on healthcare workers, prevent mistakes, and reduce delays.
- Modernize outdated IT systems: No-code platforms can reduce the risk of errors, redundancies and inconsistencies in healthcare processes by automating routine tasks usually done by hand. AI-powered systems can help healthcare practitioners accelerate data collection, processing, and analysis, empowering healthcare organizations to make faster, data-driven decisions that improve patient outcomes and operational efficiency.
There are many ways to leverage no-code technology to create a white-label solution for your healthcare organization. We're not pulling ideas out of thin air, check out some examples of innovative healthcare applications users have built with Blaze’s no-code application builder below:
- HIPAA-compliant patient portals for secure communication
- Workflows for healthcare reimbursement claim review and approval
- Mobile nursing applications for optimized patient management
- Onboarding application for fast and easy patient enrollment
No-Code Applications for the Construction Industry
Construction has historically been slow to adopt new technology. Several factors contribute to this trend, including resistance to change, a lack of awareness, and concerns surrounding implementation costs. Because of this, construction firms still rely on outdated systems incapable of meeting the demands and challenges of the modern age. Several major technological challenges affect the construction industry, such as:
- Ineffective project communication: Construction projects encompass more than just contractors; they involve architects, engineers, service providers, vendors, and suppliers. Integrating and coordinating information between these parties is often a messy affair, hindering collaboration and decision-making. This ultimately leads to construction delays and higher costs.
- Disparate data sources: And it's not just human communication; the project data itself may exist as PDFs, Excel files, images, unstructured text, or locked away in a CRM system. It’s impossible to leverage data scattered throughout the digital ether. Insights and intelligence only come from connecting data points.
- Fragmented pipeline for tracking materials: In construction, keeping tabs on where project materials are is an ongoing challenge. From lumber to drywall, valves, pipes, and electrical cords, the list goes on and on. Project engineers need to purchase materials based on plans and track their whereabouts and quantities throughout the construction process. One missing part can delay the timeline of an entire operation.
Failures in communication and relying on PDFs and Excel sheets to track materials and monitor project timelines are inefficient and expensive. Take a look at what no-code tools and software can do for your construction firm:
- Eliminate inefficient legacy systems: Excel can only scale so far. Tracking everything in Excel makes sense for a small operation but becomes problematic as a business grows. No-code software can break spreadsheet dependency by providing structure, predictive analytics, and seamless automation.
- Connect with supply chain partners: By deploying applications to the cloud, no-code platforms enable project engineers to invite supply chain partners to contribute to a process flow. Streamlining supply chain communication makes it easier for large contractors to track parts and keep projects on schedule.
- Leverage data for better project management: No-code tools can provide a unified view of ongoing projects and their progress. Once the data is aggregated, you can visualize trends, predict timelines, and estimate costs.
No-code software builders make developing solutions tailored to your construction firm's needs effortless. Looking for inspiration? Here are just a few examples of construction applications Blaze users have created:
- Vendor management applications for efficient procurement processes
- Custom sales CRM for enhanced client relationship management
- Hiring and contractor management tools for streamlined construction operations
No-Code Applications for the Manufacturing Industry
Like healthcare, manufacturing was hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Disruptions in the supply chain, fluctuations in consumer demand, and a shortage of skilled workers caused the manufacturing sector to experience stress fractures as it scrambled to adjust to a rapidly changing world. Manufacturing has its hands full with some major technical hurdles, like:
- Gaps and vulnerabilities in cybersecurity: Manufacturers handle intellectual property, customer data, and financial records. Protecting this sensitive information gets tricky, especially when small manufacturers with limited financial resources outsource production to third-party vendors. These vendors can access a company’s operational technology, software, and other confidential details. While there’s no inherent danger in letting a trusted third-party vendor have access to this information, hackers will see it as a weakness in your security system they can exploit.
- Shortage of skilled labor: Manufacturing companies face a shortage of skilled labor, particularly in advanced manufacturing and technology. The industry needs to develop effective training and education programs to address this skills gap and keep its workforce proficient in new technologies. AI and automation can only go so far since skilled workers are still needed to manage manufacturing outputs and the automation process.
- Challenges in meeting regulatory compliance: Manufacturing companies are subject to a laundry list of regulatory requirements related to safety, environmental impact, and labor regulations. It’s crucial to develop solutions that both meet these stringent requirements and expedite the compliance process.
No-code applications help manufacturing companies get straight to the heart of their technical roadblocks by creating systems, processes, and pathways to solve these problems and anticipate future roadblocks. For the manufacturing industry, no-code technology brings a wide range of implications, including:
- Improve QA standards No-code tools and software for manufacturing empower companies to enhance project quality by automating quality assurance processes. Companies can develop applications that expedite the implementation of compliance measures to ensure adherence to industry standards.
- Streamline solutions for employee upskilling: Instead of relying on third-party platforms or training agencies to upskill your team, your company can develop a learning management solution (LMS) to keep your employees trained on the most in-demand skills, provide data-driven insights to pinpoint the best areas for upskilling, keep tabs on your employees progress, and measure the impact of your training program.
- Multiply authentication methods: No-code application builders like Blaze offer built-in security features for users, including data encryption, access controls, and authentication mechanisms, minimizing the risk of cyber-attacks and data breaches.
Developing manufacturing applications doesn’t need to be a complicated process. Blaze's intuitive no-code builder lets you build impressive manufacturing applications at lightning speed. Take a look at these inspiring examples Blaze users have created below to see what tailor-made solutions you can create for your manufacturing business:
- Automated material quoting tool for accurate cost estimation
- Workflow management for tracking product manufacturing stages
- Custom time and attendance application for increasing employee productivity
No-Code Applications for the Logistics Industry
Supply chains form the lifeblood of the global economy, pushing goods from production to the end user. These dynamic processes cover provisioning, raw material sourcing, warehousing, and distribution of manufactured products to end consumers.
With so many moving pieces, one bottleneck can disrupt the entire supply chain, making it tricky for logistics companies to address their unique needs with existing systems. In a 2023 research study conducted by Ivanti Wavelink, about 85% of logistics companies plan to invest in new technology and/or upgrade existing technology in the next year, with more than half (53%) reporting they plan to increase automation by up to 30%.
The digitization of logistics is overdue for a major tech overhaul. Here are the areas in need of some digital TLC:
- Hazy supply chain visibility: Managing the intricate web of operations within the logistics industry requires precise coordination and transparency across the entire supply chain. But the lack of end-to-end visibility along supply lines leaves companies vulnerable to communication and data gaps.
- Complex transportation management: Deeper in the supply chain, logistics companies work to reduce expenses, improve delivery times, and maximize efficiency through a careful balancing act of route planning, carrier selection, load balancing, and fuel efficiency.
- Ethical supply chain management: Logistics companies are under the gun to reduce their carbon emissions by identifying blind spots in supply chains and developing sustainable supply chain management strategies. Logistics technologies, equipment, and tools of yesterday cannot help the industry move towards a more sustainable tomorrow.
Businesses in various industries are grappling with how to increase agility and resilience in their logistics operations. No-code technology provides a fast, efficient, and cost-effective means to increase supply chain performance, accuracy, and flexibility. By jumping on the no-code train, logistics operations can reap numerous benefits, such as:
- Foster team collaboration and communication: No-code business tools come in handy for automating operational tasks like digitizing paper-based documentation, including manuals, guides, instructions, and audit reports. No-code supply chain apps can address specific problems like eliminating data silos between warehouse systems and bringing disparate processes together. They also make sharing information on orders, payments, shipping, and delays a breeze, keeping your team in the loop and ensuring smooth communication with vendors.
- Optimize transportation management: With the help of no-code and AI-powered predictive analytics, logistics companies can implement transportation management systems (TMS), leveraging telematics and IoT sensors to improve transportation operations, reduce costs, and enhance delivery efficiency.
- Agile eco-initiative deployment: Creating and implementing sustainability initiatives in any organization can be an uphill battle. But with a helpful push from no-code, companies can build applications that integrate environmental data, track emissions, optimize fuel consumption, and measure green initiatives. These applications can help logistics companies implement sustainable practices, reduce their environmental footprint, and get one step closer to their green goals.
Running a logistics company is far from simple, but transforming your company's processes and fueling its growth is within reach. Below are examples of remarkable logistics solutions created by Blaze users:
- Comprehensive application for 3PL to manage returns, fulfillment, and shipping
- Automated QR codes for tracking and managing equipment
- Applications for truck fleet maintenance and administration with enhanced reporting capabilities
Blaze Is Your Most Valuable Business Ally
No-code technology is giving companies across all industries the power to simplify processes, amp up efficiency, and spark innovation.
Instead of getting bogged down in coding jargon and CSS tutorials, your business can streamline processes, supercharge productivity, and unleash your inner innovator.
Startups and enterprises alike choose Blaze to build powerful, custom no-code applications, at a fraction of the time and cost.
Here’s what Blaze can do for your business at a glance:
- Build your business solution your way: Say goodbye to complicated programming! Blaze lets you build your application and software using drag-and-drop components and features, so you can leave the traditional coding headaches behind. Don't want to go it alone? Our Implementation Team can create your app from scratch so you can focus on growing your business.
- Grow as you go: Blaze offers a flexible and agile development environment. Quickly iterate, test, and modify your applications and workflows in real-time, so your business can stay competitive and adapt to consumer demand.
- Breathe easy with enterprise security features: Blaze operates on SOC2-certified infrastructure. We offer a host of out-of-the-box security features, including two-factor authentication, SSO, data encryption, and access controls – supporting all the requirements for HIPAA compliance.
- Integrate external data: Easily import data from different system and directly integrate with apps and cloud databases like MySQL, Postgres, Salesforce, Quickbooks, Mongo, Marketo, REST, and more for faster application development.
- Tap into a comprehensive support network: In a jam? Blaze provides comprehensive support, including tutorials, guides, and help desk support to guide you throughout your development journey.
Get started by scheduling a risk-free product demo with Blaze today!